I know, you guys are tired of hearing about theymos
, but the only way to get him removed from power is to prove that he broke some rules and have proof to back it up. Some of you have some real time on your hands. You should use it more wisely. There is something called the blockchain, it's a global public ledger, so where theymos thought he was being slick, he really wasn't, and all his misappropriation of funds over the years is going to catch up with him.
All you need to do is spend a little time following the
bitcoins and then connecting the dots. Then show the proof to reddit admins or heck, just show it to the police, he is in the states, and voila, no more theymos.
Let's take an example and walk through it.
- the internet doesn't lie https://web.archive.org/web/20130312110028/http://www.reddit.com/Bitcoin/ using the wayback machine, we can see that theymos setup an "ad campaign" collecting user funds on reddit saying "Bitcoins sent here will eventually be used for a Reddit advertising campaign with the goal of promoting Bitcoin and /Bitcoin: 16KaCJB7fVuT6hvA7wzgzVjAnHz28bNvvh" is this even allowed?, probably, let's not nitpick and continue on....
- here is the address https://blockchain.info/address/16KaCJB7fVuT6hvA7wzgzVjAnHz28bNvvh?offset=50&filter=2 and it is filtered by RECEIVED and on the last page, where we can see the first received tx for this ad campaign bitcoin address is 2011-07-21.
- here is the address https://blockchain.info/address/16KaCJB7fVuT6hvA7wzgzVjAnHz28bNvvh?filter=1 and it is filtered by SENT transactions only, so we can see where he is sending the bitcoins that are for "ADS ONLY" his words not mine
- theres lots of little tx's here and there but alas, what is this, we see on 2011-10-24 he sent himself (bitcointalk forums) money for $12.88, three months after the address was setup.
- before we move on, remember, this is for "ads only" which is for reddit ads or bitcointalk ads (but one could have presumed the ads on reddit were for reddit ads only but its unclear from the wayback machine if it was for both or just reddit)
- now knowing he is sending money to himself and comingling funds (a big no-no), we can look at what he is doing with the bitcointalk address.
- here is the address for bitcointalk that he sent money to from the reddit "ads only" campaign https://blockchain.info/address/17RTTUAiiPqUTKtEggJPec8RxLMi2n9EZ9
- now let's take this address and plug it also into walletexplorer and cross reference it https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/004e35afdbe5b938?from_address=17RTTUAiiPqUTKtEggJPec8RxLMi2n9EZ9
- we can see that the transactions from blockchain.info and walletexplorer match, except walletexplorer is cool cause it does this awesome labeling technique overtime. we can see on the left is the received / and on the right is the sent columns
- from this address 17RTTUAiiPqUTKtEggJPec8RxLMi2n9EZ9 using walletexplorer we can see that funds were sent all over the place - is all this for reddit advertising you are probably asking yourself??? let's continue digging.....
- theymos sent money to bitstamp (they don't do reddit ads, coinbase does though!), sent money to bitpay, mtgox, localbitcoins, btce, oh whats this, he even sent money to Silk Road!!!
- theymos using the bitcointalk donation funds which were comingled with the reddit funds, sent 7.312 bitcoins to SR on 2013-07-21!! what was he doing with all that??
- you can see the tx plain as day right here, oh wait what's that, bitcoin reddit is the sender.... oops https://blockchain.info/tx/e889e838c82b8f2ab7910758362f56d97deb021767652acdeaf0f4c800aea816 $3,140.33 did SR do ads? LOL probably not! oh thermos!
- here is another fun one, you can see how theymos sent 100 btc to known scammer pirateat40, which theymos was in on the scam (can someone confirm this???). what was he doing sending 100 btc from bitcointalk to pirateat40, here is the tx, it says sent from bitcointalk forums.... oops again thermos! https://blockchain.info/tx/1a11bf84f007910f19e86d507f8d751c9bccd6c436832f4e832cad07fa2c5273 2012-05-21
- reddit ads campaign address 16KaCJB7fVuT6hvA7wzgzVjAnHz28bNvvh final balance: ZERO
- bitcointalk address 17RTTUAiiPqUTKtEggJPec8RxLMi2n9EZ9 final balance: $3.38
- WHERE DID ALL THE MONEY GO?????
I'm sure if you guys keep on digging you will keep on finding more, but those tidbits might be enough to send him away for what is called embezzlement! look it up, or at the very least, taking redditors money and misusing it for his own personal funds!!!
EDIT: No one has offered to accept any of the bets, so I am declaring this offer withdrawn.
BMR & Sheep have demonstrated their danger, but few black-market-users seem to genuinely appreciate this. I am publicly betting that they will fail in the near-future. If you think I am wrong, just try to take my money and prove me wrong! Otherwise, spare us your cheap talk.
Hi! I'm Gwern Branwen
. You may remember me from such black-market webpages as Silk Road: Theory & Practice
, and /silkroad
. Today I'm here to talk to you about BlackMarket Reloaded & Sheep Marketplace.
(A signed version of this 30 October 2013 post will be posted as a comment, because I wish to use Markdown formatting; my PGP key is available
With the fall of SR, we're all very sad: it was a good site which performed a useful function. But life goes on, so it's no surprise we're all moving on to new black markets. That said, I am concerned by the accumulating pattern I am seeing around BMR and Sheep, and by the delusional optimism of many of the users.
BlackMarket Reloaded, since the fall, has been marked by a pattern of arrogance, technical incompetence, dismissal of problems, tolerance for sellers keep buyer addresses & issuing threats, astounding tolerance for information leaks (all the implementation information
, and particularly the VPS incident with the user data leak; mirrors: 1
), etc. We know his code is shitty and smells like vulnerabilities (programmer in 3 different IRC channels I frequent quoted bits of the leaked code with a mixture of hilarity & horror), yet somehow backopy expects to rewrite it better, despite being the same person who wrote the first version and the basic security principle that new versions have lots of bugs. (I'm not actually bothered by the DoS attacks; they're issues for any site, much less hidden services.)
And then there's the things he's not telling us. Atlantis shut down because they were worried about contacts from LE, and thus far this shut down seems to have saved them; but BMR has been around several times longer than Atlantis - would it not beggar belief if LE had not made contacts, attempted SR-style stings, or infiltrated BMR staff? And remember how we were able to discover all sorts of leaks in DPR's opsec once we had the indictment and knew what to look for? Or consider the claims being made about the Project Black Flag Leaks, where someone claims to have accessed laundry list of information
from its internals - only after
Metta DPR decided to rip-and-run. If this is what we see publicly for BMR, what on earth is going on behind the scenes?
backopy should have handed on BMR weeks ago, but is still around. He seems to plan to repeat SDPR's mistakes exactly: leak information all over the place, never retire, and just keep on until he is busted and takes who-knows-how-many people down to prison with him. He has learned nothing. What, exactly, is his exit strategy? What goals does he have and when will they ever be satisfied? He has been running BMR for more than 2 years now, and has not left. How does this story end: of a man who does not know his limits, does not have ability equal to the task, and refuses to quit while he's ahead? It ends with a party-van, that's how it ends.
And hardly anyone seems troubled by this! The BMR subreddit is full of bustle; people are even hailing backopy as a "hero" for allowing withdrawal of bitcoins. (How generous of him.)
Is Sheep any better? No. BMR is troubled and probably infiltrated at this point, but Sheep may well be a dead market walking at this point. No one has a good word to say about its coding, so there may well be BMR-style issues in its future. More importantly: the veriest Google search would turn up that clearnet site, and it has been pointed out
that the clearnet Czech site hosted by HexaGeek was uncannily
similar to the actual hidden service. It uses almost the same exact technology, and the official explanation is that they had "fans" (fans? who set up, many months ago, before anyone gave a damn about Sheep, an entire functioning mirror while cloning the software stack and being in a foreign non-English-speaking country just like the Sheep admins?). Ridiculous! DPR may have set up a WordPress site, but at least 'altoid' didn't run an entire SR mirror! (He left that to onion.to & tor2web.org.). Sheep's likely about one subpoena of HexaGeek away from fun party times in the party-van.
I am uninterested in seeing Sheep/BMR busted and lots of newbies caught because they can't appreciate the patterns here. People don't take mere criticism seriously, and even if I lay it all out like here, and I mention that I have an excellent track record of predictions
, they still won't because anyone can doom-monger and issue warnings, it won't get through to them. I want to get through to them - I want them to understand the risks they're taking, I want them to reflexively use PGP, and I want them to leave balances on sites for as short a time as possible. So! I am putting my money where my mouth is.
I and 3 others are publicly wagering ฿4 ($816 at today's rate), ฿1 each, on the following 4 bets:
- BMR will not be operating in 6 months:
25%; 1:3 (you risk ฿3 and if BMR is still operating, you win our ฿1, else you lose the ฿3 to us)
- BMR will not be operating in 12 months
40%; 1:1.5 (you risk ฿1.5 & BMR is operating in a year, you win our ฿1, else lose ฿1.5)
- Sheep will not be operating in 6 months
30%; 1:2.3 (your ฿2.3 against our ฿1)
- Sheep will not be operating in 12 months
60%; 1:0.66 (you risk ฿0.66 against our ฿1)
The ฿4 are currently stored in 1AZvaBEJMiK8AJ5GvfvLWgHjWgL59TRPGy
(proof of control: IOqEiWYWtYWFmJaKa29sOUqfMLrSWAWhHxqqB3bcVHuDpcn8rA0FkEqvRYmdgQO4yeXeNHtwr9NSqI9J79G+yPA= is the signature by 1Az of the string "This address contains bitcoins for the BMSheep bet run by gwern.").
- BMR = kss62ljxtqiqdfuq.onion
- Sheep = sheep5u64fi457aw.onion
- The exact definition of 'not operating' includes but is not limited to this: on noon EST of 30 April 2013 (6-months) or 30 October 2014 (12-months), if Nanotube can visit the relevant black-market, create a buyer account, deposit bitcoins, and order an item, then the site is operating. If deposits or new accounts or purchases are not allowed or not possible, it is not operating.
At his own discretion, the arbitrator can take into account other factors, like widespread reports that a market has been raided and turned into a sting operation.
Arbitration & escrow are being provided by Nanotube, a long-time Bitcoin
user & -otc trader
, who has handled some past bets (most famously, the ฿10,000 bet between the Ponzi schemer pirateat40 & Vandroiy
) and I believe can be trusted to escrow this one as well; he has agreed to a nominal fee of 1%.
(I am not using Bets of Bitcoin because they have a dishonest & exploitative rule-set, and I am not sure Predictious
would allow these bets.)
If you disagree and are man enough to take our bets, post the amount you are betting on which bet, and Nanotube will supply an address for you to transfer your bitcoin to. When it arrives in his wallet, then our bet will be in effect.
May the most accurate beliefs win.
All Bitcoin transactions and addresses for user pirateat40 on Btcst.com, who stole $4.6M with their Ponzi Scheme. ... and you'll immediately have any address's balance, received, sent, first date, last date, and transaction count shown on your page. It will be safely contained in an IFrame to easily give your users up-to-date blockchain data. Bitcoin Data - Embedded IFrame. Just enter the ... 8u5a17tzalfw 3x995bl69avh f8riog24o0u5s 2aeni0x6aq79z pvaf3hnqarcw x5beudef6xc0 yt55srp4lppy h37urmvn0m3 7ylgjhzngxbn40v 05ftagjxxoo4i0 bdl4nlm0nqla8y1 g637lel1d5ucvn ... admits, Shavers, operating under th e internet name “pirateat40,” so licited BTCST investors in online chat rooms dedicated to Bitcoin and on the Bitcoin Forum, a publicly available website dedicated to Bitcoin where, among other th ings, numerous bitcoin-denominat ed investment opportunities were 1The facts are taken from the Commission’s motion for summary judgment and the exhibits ... Pirateat40 was the biggest of the Bitcoin Ponzi schemers to date, and reading through his thread will provide insight into the ways of scammers, shills and their victims. Sadly, victims are often the fiercest defenders of such scams, at least until they lose their shirts. "Pirateat40" - Operator of Bitcoin Ponzi Scheme Ordered to Pay More Than $40 Million in Disgorgement and Penalties The Securities and Exchange Commission announced that, on September 18, 2014, a United States District Court in Sherman, Texas entered final judgment against Trendon T. Shavers and Bitcoin Savings and Trust ("BTCST"), the online entity Shavers created and used to operate his Ponzi ...
#Bitcoin#Privatekey This program searches for bitcoin private key address with less than 5 BTC. More bitcoin is more on the address plus it takes time. To ha... Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Do you try your luck on lottery? Seriously please DO NOT! Instead, do as shown in our video. It is the same thing. :) NOTE : The app has changed its name int... Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE and LIKE my video 💚💚💚 DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW !!!! [https://teletype.in/@jeezygamer21/hyQV4szVp 📤 ] The macro in the very first comment below lets you import the current value held in any Bitcoin address into Excel. Thanks to https://blockchain.info for their API. See reply to Juan Lopez's ...